Friday, October 17, 2008

The Proposal!!!

On July 18, 2008, I took Blake out for his birthday to Taggarts. The fun part about it was we both had an agenda. Mine- for Blake's birthday and his- the proposal. Since I had no idea of his intentions, I said I would watch Payton on short notice for Danielle. Blake was thrown off by this, but took it in stride (he's such a good guy!) We get to Taggart a little late- as in they were almost closing! Because Payton was fussy we had to trade off so one or the other could eat. Because of the distractions we didn't have time to even talk. Outside, we looked up at the stars together and got ready to leave. While in the car, Blake takes a weird turn and says, "I want to take you somewhere." We drive up to Basin ski resort and Blake gets out of the car. He says, "Hold on one second," then he got into the trunk for the candles and a lighter. He took a trail, lit the candles, and came back to get me- while Payton slept in the car. We walk up the trail, talking and laughing, and I finally saw what he'd been doing, although I was still confused. Blake asked me to dance even though we didn't have music. Since we had Payton he wasn't able to take his Jeep with the sound system. While we were dancing he began to tell me the qualities I had that he'd always been looking for in a wife. Then, he got on one knee and asked me to be his bride. Staring at the ring I finally understood the whole scene. I exploded with excitement and tears and jumped toward him with a resounding YES!

1 comments:

AshnRuss said...

I love your blog! I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! I also need you to get a close up of your ring I want to see it! Love you